Monday, July 21, 2014

Vegan Lavash with raw-vegan filling

I am new vegan and from now on I will post here my best recipes and inspirations! :) The first recipe I want to share with you is - vegan lavash, it was my improvisation and I just love it, it already became one of the best recipes I know... :) and the idea of it came when I had to figure out what to make for my grandmothers 88 birthday party :D

veggie bite, lavash, vegan, vegan recipes, spirit and body fitness

I was searching on the net some simple, but interesting recipes and I remembered how my mother used to make lavash with salmon or other meat for her parties, so I thought why not? Vegan lavash sounded really good in my mind. What to put into a lavash wasn't a big deal, but I had to apply my lavash with something, so I decided, that the cashew spread will fit perfectly. I had never tried it before, but I knew, that it must be tasty.

veggie bite, lavash, vegan, vegan recipes, spirit and body fitness


You will need:

Lavash

For the spread:
150g. Cashews (soak into water for 4-6 hours)
3 tbsp of sunflower or olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
3 tsp of lemon juice
salt, black pepper, fresh dill, dried oregano and basil
50ml of water


For the filling your favorite vegetables, I used:
Avocado
Pepper
Zucchini
Cucumber
Tomato

Method:
Cashew Spread:
1. Decant water from the cashews, put them and garlic into blender and blend until they're chopped to small pieces.
2. Add oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix well.
3. Finally add water, fresh dill, dried oregano and basil, blend everything until smooth.

Lavash:

Unroll the lavash. Apply the cashew spread on it.
Lay out vegetables, leave small gaps between different vegetables.
Wrap lavash, pressing slightly.
Leave it into fridge for 2 hours.

Enjoy!

Super simple, fast and soooo amazingly good! I'm writing this down and can't wait to make another one of it!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment